Sunday, June 21, 2009

Prawn Gravy


Prawn Gravy
One of my favourite seafoods.I long for the fresh prawns that we get in india.So I get raw shrimp,not so big,not so small..just the right size gives the right taste for a gravy.My husband never liked the crunchiness of the prawns but he loves it if it is soft.I thought of quit making prawn until oneday an idea dawned on me and its working perfect everytime...Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice...Now I'm very close to the prawn gravy in india though I cannot beat it...

Ingredients
**********
Shrimp
Onion - 1
Tomato -1
lemon juice
curry leaves
cumin seeds - 1tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Garlic -small pieces
Green chilli -2
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1tsp
coriander leaves
To grind:
Roast in some oil and then grind.
Onion-1
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
fennel seeds - 1 tsp
whole pepper -10

Method:
*******
Marinate shrimp in lemon juice and salt for atleast 2 hrs.Heat 2 tbsp oil.Add curry leaves,cumin seeds,garlic pieces and green chillies.Add onion and saute it till it becomes golden brown.Add chilli powder,cumin powder,turmeric powder.Add the ground paste.Cook them in the oil.Do not add water now.You can add little water if it burns.Add tomato.Cook till the oil seperates.Add shrimp and less salt as you have salt in shrimp.cover and cook.Keep in sim.Try to cook with the water that comes out of the shrimp.Garnish with coriander leaves.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Paruppu Rasam

Paruppu Rasam ***** ******* One of our comfort foods...Rasam!!! This rasam has a nice twist and was a delicacy in my pattima house an...