Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pappu's Chinese Chicken


Pappu's Chinese Chicken !
Pappu - that is me ofcourse.I kinda invented this recipe when I started cooking in the first year of my college.So my family named it after me..Hehehe...They really love this chinese chicken and I am happy to share it with you.This is a good side dish for fried rice.

Ingredients
**********

Boneless chicken - 1 pound
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1tsp
Spices -one of each(cardamom,cinnamon,aniseed,clove)
sugar - 1 tsp
oil
onion - 1
capsicum - 1/2
ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
soy sauce - 1 tbsp
tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
coriander leaves
salt
Allspice powder - 1/2 tsp (you get this in chinese isle) -optional
garlic -small pieces
Cornflour

Method:
********

Marinate the chicken with chilli powder,danya powder,soysauce,salt.Heat oil.Add the spices and sugar.Adding sugar gives a nice smell.Add onion.Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.Add capsicum.Add all spice powder and some color if you want.now add the chicken.Add salt,tomato sauce.Cook with some water.When the chicken is cooked add cornflour mixed in some water and let it cook.Finally add the garlic pieces and cook for another 5 minutes not more than that.Garnish with coriander leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paruppu Rasam

Paruppu Rasam ***** ******* One of our comfort foods...Rasam!!! This rasam has a nice twist and was a delicacy in my pattima house an...