Thursday, June 4, 2009

Capsicum Chicken



Capsicum chicken

Once again,my mother's creation.Easiest way to make a delicious chicken.We used to go to church on every sundays and come late @1.00 pm,very very hungry.So rasam and chicken fry was easy to make and it became a traditional sunday afternoon meal for us.And for a variation,my mom used to make this chicken.
I do this often but I did not come up with a name for it until recently I made this for a potluck and everybody there said that my 'capsicum chicken' was delicious.For me it goes well with rasam and rice...but it goes great with any pulao too..

Ingredients
**********
Chicken -1 kg-boneless
Oil-1 cup
Onion - 2
Tomato -2
Capsicum -1
Green chillies - 7
Soysauce - 1 tsp
Salt

For marinade:
************
If you have a good chicken 65 masala..put that,salt,little lemon juice and 1 egg white and marinate for atleast 1 hour.
If you do not have chicken 65 masala,Add chilli powder,ginger garlic paste,food color red,lemon juice,salt and 1 egg white to chicken and marinate.

Method:
*******
Heat oil.Roast the chicken just like chicken fry.When it is 3/4th done,drain 3/4th of oil and add the chopped onion,tomato,capsicum and green chillies at the same time and saute it in good heat.Add some salt and soysauce.Keep on cooking till everything cooks well and till it looks delicious!Garnish with coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paruppu Rasam

Paruppu Rasam ***** ******* One of our comfort foods...Rasam!!! This rasam has a nice twist and was a delicacy in my pattima house an...