Friday, August 21, 2009

Brussel Sprout Curry


Brussel Sprout Curry
**********************
I always wanted to try new vegetables like brussel sprouts,zuchinni,asparagus etc etc.But I was very hesitant too.Didn't really know how to make them..One day somebody brought brussel sprout gravy for a potluck and I was like wow...this tastes good!!!My husband loved it too...So I got it and made a very quick and easy curry..tasty too...worth a try...

Ingredients:

Oil-2 tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Urud dhal- 1 tsp
Garlic-2(finely chopped)
Onion -1
Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
cumin powder- 1 tsp
Brussel sprouts
Salt

Method:

Heat oil in a kadai.Put mustard and urud dhal and let it splutter.Add garlic and fry for a minute.Add onion and saute it for some time and add the chilli powder.Saute that for 1 min and add brussel sprouts and salt.sprinkle some cumin powder.Do not cover.keep stirring often so that it doesnt burn.cook till it is well roasted.Enjoy a new delicacy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paruppu Rasam

Paruppu Rasam ***** ******* One of our comfort foods...Rasam!!! This rasam has a nice twist and was a delicacy in my pattima house an...